Come join the team!
Woodlands Glencoe is a family business that leads the way when it comes to providing Lochaber’s visitors with an amazing and truly unforgettable experience – in our Luxury Hot Tub Lodges, Activity & Experience centre, Golf Course and Cafe.
We’re growing fast, and are always looking to meet with positive, enthusiastic and customer-focused people who are interested in joining our team. Current openings are listed below, but please do get in touch if you have experience in reception, administration, café work, activity guiding or maintenance – as we often make openings for the right candidates!
Our goal 🧭
“to be an iconic Scottish destination; a place that people go out their way to add to their itinerary, and then go out their way to tell their friends about”.
How we'll achieve it ✔️
Woodland Rewards 🏆
Working with us comes with a whole lot of rewards! Check them out below:
Current openings 💼
Please send us your CV – for the below roles or speculatively for anything that might come up in the future: to email@example.com
No Current Opening
Brilliant All Rounder |
£22,500 / Year
We’re on the lookout for a great all-rounder to work flexibly accross the different areas of our business as an when required (covering holidays, days off etc.). This could be in our reception, housekeeping, or activities.
The role would be full-time (or part-time, if it would suit you better) in a year-round position. The key thing is you have to enjoy varied work as no two days will be the same!
Experience is helpful, but we will also provide full training (we hire for personality and ambition above all things).
The perfect candidate:
- Truly beleives that “variety is the spice of life”!
- Is prepared to work hard, and takes real pride in what they do.
- Gets on well with people, and will fit in well to a small, closely knit team.
- Loves being busy and having lots to get on with.
Ready for a new challenge? 💪
Fill out the form below & send us your CV for any of the roles above or just do it speculatively for anything that might come up in the future ✌️
Potential Posts 🧩
These roles are currently full, but new opportunities are always opening up. So, feel free to send us your CV speculatively for any of the roles below – firstname.lastname@example.org
Hot Tub Supervisor |
Sales & Marketing Manager 💻
Duty Manager ✨
Estate Manager ⚒️
It’s important to us that our business looks good, and things operate the way they should at all times. As our Estate manager, you will be directly responsible for a wide range of activities to keep our business running smoothly. Also, for supporting others in the team that are involved in maintenance.
The role includes lots of doing: for example, day to day tasks such as managing upkeep of our 9-hole golf course, managing projects around the estate, planning, organising resources and managing our online property management system.
The perfect candidate will be responsible for:
- Manage, lead and motivate the estate team and contractors
- Management of our award winning 9-hole Golf Course, (we are a pragmatic, 9-hole west coast coarse, with limited income)
- Oversea the Maintenance manager to ensure all maintenance needs of the business are met.
- To ensure Health and Safety responsibilities are fulfilled
- To lead and contribute to Development Projects where required
- Working with colleagues – skilled at professional reporting to the Manager and Managing Director.
Maintenance Technician 🛠
It’s important to us that our business looks good, and things operate the way they should at all times. You’ll work under our Estate Manager and be responsible for a wide range of activities to keep our business running smoothly; along with bigger projects that will push our business forward in exciting new ways!
The role includes lots of doing: for example, fixing broken equipment, touching up paintwork, working with electrics, basic plumbing e.g. unblocking drains, and loving all the little things that seem to break down from day to day. You will also be working efficiently on the tasks outlined in our online maintenance management system.
The perfect candidate:
- Is truly handy, with wide range of practical and technical skills.
- Has a good understanding of plumbing, electrics, IT, joinery etc. and happy to undertake basic projects themselves.
- Enjoys working alone – often outdoors (midges, rain!) – and is self-motivated to get things done.
- Can fix problems as they come up, and handle the pressure of an emergency.
- Is organised and can keep good order to own timekeeping.
- Is looking for a long-term career with a company that cares.
Activity Guide 🏹
As an Activity Guide you will lead our daily activities across the Estate! From entertaining guests on your Segway, Archery or Laser Clay tour, to helping golfers with their buggy hire. Its your job to make sure our customers walk away from their experience with big smiles on their faces!
No past experience is necessary as full training will be provided, but a love for the outdoors and people, is a must!
The perfect candidate:
- Is approachable, friendly and excited to greet new people
- Enjoys teaching and training others
- Has excellent organisation skills
- A great communicator
- Can help customers with enquiries, either by telephone or face to face
- Willing to learn how to competently use a Segway PT, as well as be trained on other activities like Archery and Laser-Clay
- Has a valid first aid certificate (We can provide this training for the right candidate)
Receptionist & Host 🛎
Days will pass quickly as you help and assist visitors across all areas of our business, but in particular:
- Answering guest questions and queries (both in person, email and over the phone).
- Supporting guests – whether in accommodation or activities – to help them have a fun, memorable time.
- Managing our online booking/reservation systems to maximise revenue and ensure efficient operations.
- Responding to reviews on Google/TripAdvisor/Facebook.
- Working closely with the Housekeeping team to make sure they are organised and have everything they need to complete their day.
- We’re a small close-knit team and we work hard so your days will certainly be varied, busy and never boring!
The perfect candidate:
- Has high levels of energy and enthusiasm and truly enjoys working with the public. Moves fast and is quick witted.
- Presents themselves well and has a friendly/approachable attitude.
- Can easily engage/chat with customers and understands the importance of great customer service.
- Fits well into a closely-knit team and is happy to take on large amounts of responsibility.
- Has excellent organisational, administration and computing skills, and can work well with email, telephone, calendars, word documents, spreadsheets etc.
- Has strong experience in customer-facing roles.