Segway Tours, Archery, Laser Clay and Crate Stacking are operated by Ossian Developments Limited, trading as Glencoe Activities. The safety of participants taking part in activities is a top priority for Ossian Development and its staff.
Adventurous activities involve some risks for the people taking part. The occurrence of serious injury is extremely rare but minor injuries (bumps, bruises, cuts, muscle strains and potentially minor fractures) are a possible result of taking part in adventurous activities. The Glencoe Activities team aims to keep these risks as low as possible. We minimise dangers by:
• Carrying out a careful assessment of all the risks before commencing the activity;
• Only using experienced instructors with the appropriate qualifications for the activity;
• Giving clear safety instructions to everyone participating;
• Ensuring equipment and clothing is well maintained and suitable for the activity and the environment;
• Ensuring the activities are within the capabilities of the participants;
• Asking participants to notify us of any medical conditions or information.
We expect participants to co-operate with the instructor to ensure the safety of all participants, by following instructions and answering questions honestly about any medical conditions or other information that may affect the health and safety of participants.
I acknowledge the contagious nature of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 and that the government and many other public health authorities still recommend practicing social distancing.
I further acknowledge that Glencoe Activities have put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
I further acknowledge that Glencoe Activities can not guarantee that I will not become infected with the Coronavirus/Covid-19. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to and/or infected by the Coronavirus/COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, other families, staff members at Glencoe Activities.
I voluntarily seek services provided by Glencoe Activites and acknowledge that I am increasing my risk to exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19. I acknowledge that I must comply with all set procedures to reduce the spread while visiting Glencoe Activities.
I confirm that:
• I am not experiencing any symptom of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
• I do not believe I have been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
• I have not been diagnosed with Coronavirus/Covid-19 and not yet cleared as non-contagious by local public health authorities.
• I am following all government recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting my exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
CONSENT & IMAGES
I understand that: whenever I ride a Segway Personal Transporter I risk death or serious injury from loss of control, collisions and falls and have the real potential to cause others harm. With Archery and Crate Stacking, I risk death or serious injury to myself and others. I must listen to all the instructions given by the guide; I must engage sensibly and be conscious of other participants and members of the public around me. I must not deviate from the chosen route/area that the guide sets out. I am aware that this activity takes place on a golf course and there is a potential serious hazard from flying golf balls: I will keep to the areas set by the guide.
I confirm and agree that: I am competent & mentally able to take the strain & exertion involved in the activity. I have no medical condition that would prevent me from taking part and fully acknowledge the Covid-19 Statement on this document. (Please make the guide aware if you use an inhaler or any other medical aid). I am fully aware of the risk to myself and others involved in a Segway ride/Boat hire (as applicable to the activity being undertaken). I will obey all instructions from the guide. I will listen to the safety brief and if I don't understand it I will ask the guide. I agree that medical treatment may be given, if necessary, in the case of an emergency. I understand that information from this activity may be stored digitally.
I agree that my photograph may be used for publicity or marketing purposes.
I have read and fully understood this agreement. I am aware that by signing this agreement, I acknowledge and accept the inherent risk that the activity entails and I waive any claim that may result from my participation in the experience. I agree to the Covid-19 statement provided on this disclaimer.
CONSENT FOR 17 YEARS OLD AND UNDER
I agree to my son/daughter (named below) taking part in the activity outlined above. I understand that they take part at their own risk and I waive any claim that may result from their participation in the experience. I agree on their behalf to the consents listed above.