Welcome to Aquitaine and the tiny hilltop village of Pujols.
. . . . . . . welcome to the wonderful Old School House. A relaxed and informal gite, right in the heart of wine country.
Stunning gite, with pool, beside ancient abbey. Wow.
Welcome to an informal holiday home in the South West of France.
The whole family love the Bordeaux area and especially the terrior around Saint Emilion and the Dordogne. They fell in love with “The Old School House” and have been gentling improving it as a family holiday home for the last 8 years. They share the amazing place with guests of Woodland.
The property used to be a boys School House (the girls area is next door), and the historic building has been renovated carefully to now present the traditional with the modern.
Whilst it’s lovely, stylish and comfortable inside, perhaps the best thing is the amazing view down over the Dordogne valley to Saint Emilion in the distance.
On our last visit, we cycled the 15km to St Emilion, enjoyed a delicious lunch and caught the train back along the valley to nearby Castillon. Perfect, leisurely day!
What’s special about this place? The main things we love:
- It’s easy to get to: lots of flights to Bordeaux, and then only 50 mins away
- The location – incredible views down over vineyards and woodland, to the Dordogne.
- Gorgeous walks, cycles and excursions with wonderful food and brilliant wines all along the way!
- Spacious house – with a sense of history alongside modern refurbishments and comforts.
- Swimming pool, private cloister and huge rambling garden.
More information on our AirBnB site here, but please do book direct with us.
Book direct online now (and do call Laurence on 0044 7860 558005 for any clarification or help, please):
The kitchen and main bathroom was refurbished in early 2021. A wood burning stove was added, to make the place cosy on winter nights. Perhaps our favourite edition is the “quooker” tap – instant, boiling water at a touch.